Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Friends: I am at the library, and am impressed with the numbers of students who were already here and hard at work before I arrived at 9:30. Who knew that morning was such an active study time? Maybe that is why so few students get up to walk with me at 7:30; perhaps they are already in line waiting for the library doors to open. I will have to check on this.

I did, however, have a good walk with President Rinaldi. Her friend Gino Marrone showed up as well. He also is an early riser, but I learned that President Rinaldi prefers evening to morning. That must be why she would do what I never did as a student, which is sign up for night classes. I do hope that I will be awake during Professor Morris’s screenwriting class tonight.

After our walk, President Rinaldi gave me her Palmer t-shirt and sweatshirt, which I am wearing today. (All of you other Society members, please don’t think I am overlooking you! Give me a t-shirt and I’ll find another time to wear it.) And I will be taking part in the tradition of painting the Rock with my sisters-for-the-day. I will try not to get any paint on this nice outfit.

I need to sign off now so that I can check my email and prepare for my first class on “Expressive Arts of Africa” with Professor Iyam. I look forward to all of my classes, although I’m a wreck about choir. I’ve already conferred with President Rinaldi, who advised that I just lip-sync. But what if Professor Cook wants me to solo…

No comments:

Post a Comment